Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Review of Partnership for 21st Century Skills

This was a great site. I think all teachers want their kids to know the new technology. This site offers them a chance for people to be a part of a movement to really do just that.

The guides were very detailed and supportive in nature. It is a great resource in helping our students achieve their technology goals. The reports also give data to support the use of tech by students in their educational goals.

The one thing I was disappointed to see was limited number of states, including my own state of California, that were involved. I truly hope to see more state get involved in this initiative to help kids in this way.

1 comment:

  1. I was also disappointed to see the limited number of states that were embracing the objectives of the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. My home state of Pennsylvania is also not on the list. I find this to be particularly frustrating because of the amount of time and money that the PA Department of Education spends on initiatives that are far less impacting on student learning.

    Thanks for your posting.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete